The 2014 Beloit International Film Festival is rapidly approaching and it’s bigger than ever! We hope you are again planning to join us as a volunteer! If you are considering becoming a new volunteer – WELCOME!
Each year BIFF keeps getting better and 2014 will be no exception!
- Volunteer Sign Up Form
- Venue Instructions
- Volunteer categories
- Instructional video(s) and more…
WHAT’S NEW for 2014
- An extended format! With film spanning two weekends and the weekdays between, there will be more opportunities for our guests to see the films they want and more opportunities for our volunteers to have options that meet their schedules and interests.
- Early film schedule release and easy email sign-up! The film schedule and related trailers are already posted here on the BIFF website. Feel free to check out the schedule, identify a film(s) that interests you and email us your interest. We can get you signed up for your volunteer time(s) as soon as you make your date/time/film selection.
- New local venues! We are bringing our focus back to downtown Beloit with new downtown venues at Café Fromage, Club Impulse, and My Apartment. Returning venue favorites include Bagels & More, Bushel & Peck’s, Domenico’s Restaurant, Hendricks Art Center, La Casa Grande and the Rotary Center. We’ll feature the Eclipse Center for special events.
- New film features: The weekend of February 14 will feature WI and IL filmmakers and there will be a Sing-A-Long Sound of Music event added!
- BIFF Music – New in 2013, BIFF + Music is back but FREE! Live musical acts will keep the BIFF vibe rockin’ into the night! We’ll keep the party going with local, regional, and national bands for those looking to stay out late!
- Ambassador benefits! – In addition to entrance to 4 free films for each shift worked, all ambassadors will be invited to film sneak peeks that we anticipate being popular during the festival BEFORE THE FESTIVAL BEGINS! You will also be able to sign up for your volunteer times/duties at these sessions. Saturday, Jan. 25 9:00 am – 1:00 pm; Saturday, Feb. 1 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, Saturday, Feb. 8, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm, and Tuesday, Feb. 11, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
- One-Stop Volunteer Service – Whether your volunteer interest is for service as a venue ambassador or film technical support we will be managing all volunteer opportunities centrally. So if you want to mix it up and volunteer on different days in different capacities, we can easily meet your needs.
- New training format! By popular demand, we will have offer an extended training for new volunteers on Saturday, Feb. 8 at 11:00 am and a ‘refresher’ version for returning volunteers on Feb. 8 at 1:00 pm. A second training session for any volunteer unable to make it on Feb. 8 will be held on Tuesday, Feb 11 at 6:00 pm. All training sessions are held at Bushel & Peck.
- On-going patron opportunities – Our volunteers are amazing and have often wanted to extend their support of the film festival beyond their volunteer duties. This year you can do just that by joining the Film Society of Beloit. Membership in the Film Society of Beloit offers discounts on tickets and merchandise at BIFF, advance notice of films and events, special free programs and more. Multiple membership levels are available to support your interest and budget. Information about the Film Society will be available at volunteer training and can be found on the BIFF Film Society page.
We’ll send more information as the festival gets closer, but if you already know that you will be joining us again as a BIFF Ambassador, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the BIFF Volunteer Information Page Here.
Please forward this to anyone who may be interested in joining our army of BIFF Ambassadors! We have over 600 volunteer slots to fill! We are grateful and blessed by your support!