Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
Location: Film Venues
The Volunteer Ambassador is the ‘face’ of BIFF to film attendees. They greet film-goers, introduce films, support filmmaker participation, manage venue ticket sales/collection, reconcile cashbox and insure venue comfort.
Positively represent the Beloit International Film Festival.
- Arrive on time for venue shift
- Greet film attendees to make them feel welcome and sincerely thank them for attending.
- Insure quality of venue environment – clean, tidy, comfortable temperature
- Transition necessary communication and all materials to next ambassador team or to Board Member at end of evening
- Greet filmmakers and manage expectations for audience interaction
- Introduce filmmaker to audience in advance of film showing
- Introduce or arrange for introduction of film to audience using template introduction format
- Instruct volunteer film technician to start film
- Collect pre-sold tickets from or sell tickets to those in attendance.
- Sell venue merchandise as appropriate
- Balance and reconcile cash consistent with film showing transactions
- Secure cash box and release only to authorized BIFF representatives as appropriate
Project a positive image of the Beloit International Film Festival
Be knowledgeable about the Festival schedule, box office location, award winning films, added shows, venue locations, local area dining and retail opportunities, trolley schedules, ATM locations
Attend ambassador training and other meetings as scheduled