Posted – Oct 22, 2012
One of the things that visiting filmmakers talk about more than anything else is the great reception they receive when they get to Beloit and how the community turns out to support the Festival and the filmmakers. This is all due to the 300-400 volunteers that make the community look great.
What we need:
Volunteer film venue hosts, box office workers, and film screening technicians are needed to make the festival a reality.
What you can expect:
Volunteer shifts are 2 – 3 hours depending upon duties. For each shift worked, volunteers receive free admission to four (4) films during the festival (limit 8 films). In addition, volunteers will be invited to preview films expected to be popular in advance of the festival.
People can sign up for one or for several slots. It is a great way to have fun, connect with people and help the community at the same time. Service clubs and organizations that would like to volunteer as a group are particularly appreciated.
New this year:
- New local venue! The Wilson Theater at Beloit College is back as a venue after a year off.
- New regional partner! Films will be shown on Friday and Saturday night in Rockford at Francesco’s Ristorante and the New Sullivan Theater!
- New Janesville locations! Gather at the popular Janesville restaurant, The Speakeasy Lounge and Restaurant (2 venues!), for dinner and a show or for a Saturday afternoon film at the Janesville Woman’s Club in the historic downtown.
- Technology upgrades! We will be featuring state-of-the-art projection equipment creating the best possible film and sound quality at ALL venues!
- Improved communication! Our BIFF Ambassadors will receive the daily “BIFF BUZZ” during the festival to stay connected — what films people are loving, added shows, daily events, venue tips, and ‘scoop’ from the previous evening parties! (Please plan to join us in the evening – the after party is always free!)
If you are interested in volunteering at this popular and exciting event contact us via…
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org ( or )
- Call the BIFF office at 608-313-1200 ( or )
- Submit the form below
Volunteer Training: (Please attend one of the two training dates.)
- Date TBD
- Date TBD
Location: Aldrich Middle School Auditorium – 1859 Northgate Dr., Beloit