[2013 Season] Consider the Conversation – Rockford
Consider the Conversation
A documentary on a taboo subject.
Thursday, Oct. 10th, 7:00 p.m.
Coronado Performing Arts Center
314 North Main Street
- 6:30 Doors Open – Information Booths & Musical Prelude
- 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. – Film (60 mins) and Panel Discussion
- Cost is $5.00 and pre-registration is required
- PHONE: (815) 971-5050 to register
Note: Not a BIFF event.
Director: Terry Kaldhusdal, Michael Bernhagen
Producer: Burning Hay Wagon Productions
Website: Consider The Conversation
Facebook: Consider The Conversation
Consider the Conversation is a powerful and inspiring 60-minute documentary examining multiple perspectives on end-of-life conversations and care. This thought provoking film includes intimate accounts from patients, family members, doctors, nurses, clergy, social workers and national experts. OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rockford Health System and SwedishAmerican Health System are partnering to bring this important event to our community. A question & answer panel will take place after the film with the filmmakers and a panel of local health care experts.
Learn more about:
- The importance of advance care planning for all ages
- Emotional, physical and social burdens of dying
- Talking with others about end-of-life wishes
Consider the Conversation is a remarkable, thought-provoking film that looks at many of the issues that we will all face at the end-of-life. It opens the floodgates of thought and conversation on this most difficult and often taboo subject. It helps to illustrate many areas of improvement in our health care system. I would encourage everyone to watch this important film including physicians, healthcare workers, patients and families. This film will help us to be better physicians, better nurses, better patients and better people.
– James Roberts, M.D., Medical Director, Mayo Clinic Health System-Home Health & Hospice