Accepting College Interns for BIFF.
Contact Greg Gerard for more information by calling 608-313-1200 or emailing him at: email@example.com
The Beloit International Film Festival (BIFF) is offering internship opportunities for college students in a number of areas. Requires 8-12 hours per week including Summer, Spring and Fall internships, heaviest during the festival in February (flexible day, evening and weekend availability)
Assist operations director in coordinating event logistics, (projection, venue, decorations, signage, in-kind donations, entertainment etc.) Plan and update festival timeline Coordinate and assist in overseeing committees (e.g. film committee, development committee, and marketing committee) Create databases, work with Festival Directors on administration of festival programming and take part in small independent projects.
Assistant to the Development Director. Duties may include coordinating media sponsor correspondence inclusive of print and television; Assisting with on-site promotions; researching potential leads for sponsorships to include exploratory and prequalification calls. Be able to be involved with the community, attend Board meetings and assist with various independent projects.
Public Relations Intern
Preferably someone with Journalism or Communication major/minor. Duties include creating quarterly/monthly newsletters, creating ad campaign, being a liaison with press and the organization; assist is writing press releases, assist with film research on the Internet, the in-house database, national publications and other festival guides, assist with the layout and proofing of the Festival guide, compile Awards and Filmography information for selected films.
Assist in creating and updating website regularly. Assist with online ticket sales, advance ticket sales for all events and films. Coordinate with Director of Public Affairs in uploading news and press releases. Create new web pages passes and tickets for the events as required, be familiar with web programming software and graphics design software.
- Experience coordinating community events or fundraisers
- Excellent writing and communication skills and be very flexible with a sense of humor. Weekend meetings may be required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- A junior or senior undergraduate is preferred with a major in film, business administration, communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or entertainment field
- Web designing and ability to make web site updates is a plus.
- Able to compete for Stateline Festival Scholarship
- Provides an expansive learning or career development experience
- Eligible for college credit/unit depending on hours put in.
- In depth experience working with the film industry and a unique cultural event
- Tickets to festival screenings, parties and events
- Opportunity to work in film industry
- Excellent network opportunity within the Entertainment, Non-Profit and community sector.
Please send a brief cover letter outlining your interest and an attached resume to Melinda Schumacher Be sure to place the words: “BIFF INTERN” in the subject field of you email. Feel free to contact for any questions.